Business Development Manager
Reports to: VP - Corporate Development
Job Summary and Scope
Position responsible for management and direction of the company's strategic sales growth. Coordinates development of sales objectives, strategies, advertising and promotional programs and ensures their execution.
- Develops and implements strategies to grow the organization's business and market share
- Prospects aggressively and develops new customers through networking, referrals, company lead generation and cold calling and follows up appropriately to obtain appointments.
- Identify target accounts and working with management, achieve specific goals for closing new business.
- Travel to call on existing and prospective customers with the purpose of sustaining and growing market share, promoting and selling company services and execute in-depth selling in all accounts.
- Plan, coordinate and make sales presentations to inform, persuade, educate and close business.
- Learn, develop and implement new ways for company to differentiate itself in the marketplace.
- Acquire in reasonable time; in depth knowledge of company's service offering, knowledge of markets, current market share within market, competition and strategy to secure competitors business.
- Work closely with Customer Service, keeping them apprised of customer needs and any deviations.
- Prepare necessary reports (RFP's, Metrics, Periodic Business Reviews) and maintain in company database.
- Maintain complete customer files and maintain appropriate customer and prospect information into the company contact management database.